Fantastically Random Screenshot Thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fantastically Random Screenshot Thread

Post  Zatheena on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Well, actually it is cutting off half of the images for me as well, despite my 32' monitor...so....in this particular case, good monitor isn't the issue.
Zatheena
Pinku-chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah, but you're a goofy broad and are running a non-widescreen 1024x768 resolution on your excellent widescreen 32' monitor, therefore wasting it's... Excellent-ness. Smile

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ferios

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeii on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Heh... I have the same pixel resolution, but my laptop had to be stuck with the crappy (albeit newest) Intel GMA...
One more year before I buy my dream laptop... T___T

Edit: Oh, and my screenshot:

When the female characters call me that, I shall grin. When the male characters call me that, I shall squirm. This should make things interesting. xD

B-blargh... 8P
Akeii
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Suikoden II

Post  Ferios on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:20 am

Rofl, nice. Do be forwarned that your name is supposed to carry over to McDohl's name in the second game, but it's glitched and only capital letters overwrite the original name. So with the name 'Darling', he'll be DcDohl, which sounds pretty hilarious. The names of anything else you get the opportunity to name glitch the same way when they're carried over. =p

Sucks that more people don't call him by his name in the beginning. Normally you'll just get called 'young master'.

I missed Nina's heart emote. Oh well. Mikolov is just sorta hanging out over there watching the others make fools of themselves right in front of the crazy bastard you'd think would be the final boss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:18 pm

"How did I get up here?"

Back to top Go down

Kanon

Post  Ferios on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Wise words.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeii on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:59 pm

A girl was sitting next to me and asked, "Is that really the castle's name?"
I answered, "No. I came up with that myself." The expression I got was priceless.

*Snerfchokelaughter* ... Bwahahahaha!! Even though this'll mess up my next game... It was totally worth it...
Akeii
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lufia

Post  Ferios on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 am

The uses of the previous names are minimal, so don't worry about it. You'll just have to deal with DcDohl and the Doran Republic when you get that far. Very Happy

Unlike some people, my names tend to stray toward whatever I'm thinking about at the time.

Pity you can't name the other characters. They would have been Cheddar and Ranch.

Back to top Go down

Hayate no Gotoku

Post  Ferios on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 am

Parody-filled animu is parody-filled.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I was pretty sure Toran stayed the same no matter what. They named your army after whatever you named the castle, though. So, in this case, "DcDohl led the Dokidoki army."

Sorry, no new screenshots at this time. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Chaos;Head

Post  Ferios on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 am

I have a bad habit of answering questions sarcastically, which is extremely hard to resist in medical forms.

(Note: I was a bit lazy in piecing this together from four screenshots. So if they don't match up perfectly, that's why. Also, two questions were omitted for the sake of keeping the board clean. The text is fuzzy due to resolution-lowering to keep you whiners happy. =p)

But when I noticed that the first six (which was all but one on the first page in the novel) apply to me, I had to keep going and answer them all seriously. It's interesting how accurate some of them were. That clock thing bugged the hell out of me for awhile. Then I just started avoiding looking at clocks.

So what does this say about my mental state? Am I a psychotic who should be locked up, or a stable, functional-in-society psychotic?

Stories with unstable protagonists are nice for comparing to yourself, noting how safe your world is and how normal you are.

Until you start being able to relate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeii on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:34 am

I have Chaos;Head but haven't gotten around to it yet... sometimeorother I really have to since it looks that funny. Very Happy

Well, my screenshot of the day:

I heartily, heartily concur. ;P
Akeii
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chaos;Head

Post  Ferios on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am

As a rabid trap-lover, I should condemn you for spouting such heresy. But I'll let it slide. This time.

Anyway, Chaos;Head is far more psychological than comedic. But it's got it's great moments of humor, just like any good story. I'll make this one a twofer, since I haven't had too much to post recently.

Unfortunately, Takumi, this is a 15+ game. No incest for you.

Kozue, you're so damn cute. Nothing will ever compare with your sheer adorable.
... Until we find out what your mental flaw is, at least. Everyone else has one, so I'm sure you do too.

Back to top Go down

Chaos;Head - The Base

Post  Ferios on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 pm

Just because I finally pieced together a few shots of Taku's 3D room as his perspective moved around it. The 'forward' (desk) and 'right' (shelf) walls, to be specific.

Looks kinda like my place, except I don't live in an industrial container. And, though I do drink mostly Coke, I prefer cans over bottles. And I don't scatter chips out on my desk. And I don't play Ensue or have two monitors. And I don't use metal shelving. And...

I guess it's not really anything like my room. Nevermind.

Anyone want to try and name all of those figures? Some of 'em look mighty familiar... Smile

Back to top Go down

C-C-C-Curry!

Post  Akeii on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Obviously Fate and Tsukihime. Ooh, that's Ignis on the top shelf, that is. Ever since JAST USA teamed up with Nitro+ I've been fervently waiting for Jingai Makyou to come out in English.
Anyways. My screenshot for today!

Personally I share the same sentiments as Sempai, but the curry served where I live is scandalously frightful. Akeii-kun wants his curry bread! \(O_o)/
Akeii
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:01 am

From what I hear, curry is one of those love-it-or-hate-it foods. I don't know how great it'd be, but I'm up for curry and curry pan at least once. I've tried a few Asian foods and Japanese twists on food I eat regularly (sugar on eggs as opposed to salt, for example), but so far I haven't tried anything I'd enjoy eating more than once. Except for Pocky. Pocky's the shit.

And now for something completely unrelated.

Even Demon Kings've gotta breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Marvel is letting you make your own mini-comics on a site. Here's what I did:

You can make your own at http://superherosquad.marvel.com/create_your_own_comic

Edit: Dammit, Ferio-kun, fix the resolution problem.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:43 pm

So I started playing 'Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo' after finishing Chaos;Head. This VN has been comedic genius so far, but this gag is probably the one that will get the most love 'round these parts.

On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeii on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:28 pm

The original text, for those of you who didn't get it:
Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!
[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]
King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!
Patsy: [derisively] It's only a model!
King Arthur: Shh!

A screenshot of me playing League of Legends. A practice round with another online player, my status in the bottom left corner not so much coming from being a decent player as from the bots being extremely stupid. Of course I played as an archer!

Game: Akeii is legendary!
Me: Yes! I am legendary! Yes, yes, yes I am!!!

In retrospect this is kinda sad... xD
Akeii
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

I haven't really started watching it yet, but the intro of the last Kara no Kyoukai movie tickled me and I felt the need to post it.

But wait, there's more! Click on the above image to see the packed theatre. I'd love to watch a movie with (most of) these folks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:43 am

More flash games.. This one's called Cube Colossus. Fairly well made, terrible Engrish. WHY DO YOU HELPING KILL US?!

... I have too much time on my hands.

Back to top Go down

A wizard has turned you into a whale.

Post  Ferios on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:12 am

In case you were wondering what I've been wasting time on recently... Here's a picture of me and a random Bastokian guard in FFXI. I sorta forgot to resize it after cropping, so you'll have to deal. Rolling Eyes

Not only were our names similar (Erayne (or the phonetically non-Japanese Elaine if it's taken) being a name I use frequently for female characters), but she had my face and hairstyle too. And the clashing of our armor styles and colors... It's like I'm her evil twin or something. Creepy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:57 pm

FFXI was cool and all, but I felt it was too hard to advance in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:37 am

It also costs too damn much and requires it's own operating system to play. But not so much when you're running your own free private server with 2x rates. Very Happy

Sadly, I have to host it myself since there just aren't any good ones online. There are actually a lot of things that don't work right, too. Such as..
  • Hand-to-hand only hits once, damage is calculated incorrectly, no weapon skills whatsoever. I played a monk on the official server. Can't really do that now. Mad
  • The majority of the quests and missions can be started, but only around half of them can be finished. Certain missions are downright impossible without using console commands to teleport yourself around things that wouldn't normally be obstacles, which leads to the next bullet.
  • Most non-interactive moving objects just don't function yet. Like the elevators in Bastok's Metalworks, making the upper half of the zone inaccessible without the @pos command to change your positioning.
  • Mobs aggro properly, but they can only perform basic functions (no spells). A lot of them have the wrong model and names and occasionally an invisible model-less one will pop up.
  • Damaging and healing spells and abilities work, but no buffs or debuffs do. Which means most two-hour abilities are useless.
  • Signets do not work, which means no... A lot of things, crystals and nation-specific gear included. But that's what the @additem command is for.
  • A lot of NPCs have the wrong names and dialogue, if they have a name at all. Very rarely, you'll find one that is completely broken and does absolutely nothing when you interact with them (aside from potentially crashing my server).
All in all, a mixed lot. I'd say it's worth dealing with to have a whole server to yourself. For free, no less.

That all aside.. Merry Fishmas. It's not a screenshot, but here's a wallpaper I (badly) edited for my personal use this time last year. Back when I didn't have a widescreen monitor and could actually make use of 800x600 walls.

I'd finished Suikoden not too long beforehand, you see. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find Fishmas-y Suikoden pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferios on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 am

From Popful Mail, a game that never fails to remind me of Slayers. I just can't seem to put my finger on why...

The English voices in this game are as terrible as any other western dubs, but with lines like that... I'm not sure it matters. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top